8/13/2008

Bound to Frustrate

Posted by Kevin |

This movie is going to make those of us with faith look stupid, but then again faith is stupid...I mean counter-intelligent...I mean foolish. At least that’s the way it seems to others, but that is also the way God set it up - to use the foolish things of this world to shame them.

But in reality we all have faith. The atheist has faith there is no God – despite the crazy perfection of nature and the universe. The Darwinist has faith all we know just happened and the perfection we know evolved from it. I as a Christian believe God created it, in 7 days and then sent his son to die for us. We all sound stupid. I’ve never heard a creation/beginning theory that didn’t make my rational mind go – Really? How?

In the end, I can't wait to see this movie. I'm sure it will make me laugh and make me frustrated. But please - all followers of Jesus - let's act like he would and not boycott, or hate on Bill Maher. We need to act the exact opposite of the way this movie will make us look.

We are the peacemakers.

4 comments:

The Running Golfer said...

I love your outlook on this. I would see the trailer and then ban anything Bill Maher from my house. You embrace it and see it is a challenge. Man, I have a lot to learn from you guys!

Kirstynn Evans said...

What the world needs is more Kevin and Julie Davis'! Every religion has craziness. I'm down wit it!

allie. said...

You know what?

I know where he is coming from.
It sounded crazy to me too until I "saw" it.

{This scenario reminds me a bit of a 7 year old I know who, as soon as she grasps a new concept, scorns her 4 year old sister because she hasn't grasped it yet.
:) }

We wonder why people don't get it, but they can't.

Until the lights go on.

We forget so easily that it is by revelation that one believes from the heart -

And Kevin, I have read the article you referenced.
Will email you some thoughts about it soon.

BEEEG subject, and complicated!

Anonymous said...

I will be the first one to say that some things Christians do are crazy. Im looking forward to seeing this, I just think it displays the outlook that people have on the Church that im desperately trying to change.

Subscribe