6/24/2008

I love Lauryn Hill

Posted by Kevin |

Okay, so it sucks finding out about a cool tid-bit of news 5 years late - but this is so cool I have to blog it. Sorry if you already heard this, but if you did, it was probably 5 years ago and you forgot.

Lauryn was invited to sing in a Christmas concert held in the Vatican. She paused in-between songs and shocked the audience by condemning the numerous "allegations" of child molestation against Catholic priests in America. What she said was powerful.

"I am sorry if I am about to offend some of you. I did not accept my invitation to celebrate with you the birth of Christ. Instead I ask you why you are not in mourning for him in this place? I want to ask you, what have you got to say about the lives you have broken? What about the families who were expecting God and instead were cheated by the Devil? Who feels sorry for them, the men, women and children damaged psychologically, emotionally and mentally by the sexual perversions and abuse carried out by the people they believed in? Holy God is a witness to the corruption of your leadership, of the exploitation and abuses which are the minimum that can be said for the clergy. There is no acceptable excuse to defend the church."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no acceptable excuse
Agreed
Good post

Anonymous said...

It's a harpsichord
An 80's electric harp and beat machine
my mom used to put it on her lap and lead worship years ago with it
now we put a guitar strap on it and rock out
making the 80's relevant

Subscribe