2/06/2009

The WC Debate

Posted by Kevin |

So there is an epic debate across our land that divisively splits between the White Castle Haters and Lovers.

I have several friends, who I love and respect very much, who persist to not only consume this vile, greasy, grossness - but maintain that it is heavenly! Now I know what you are thinking, 'They must be white trash!' But they're not, in fact, one of them isn't even white. They are decent men, hard workers and one of them is even a pastor - I know!

Outside of these specific few friends, everyone I've ever met who loves White Castle is a pot head - and under the influence of drugs, maybe then I would consider allowing these slimy burgers into my body - but I don't smoke pot, I don't do drugs and I feel embarrassed for my friends.

Many-a-time these dear friends have been at my house and said, 'Hey, let's get some WC,' and I'm like, 'Yeah, lets pack our arteries full of grease, then poop our pants and spend the night in the ER!' That sounds like fun - I mean seriously - the only reason I could see going to a WC is to intentionally associate with the lowly of this world, because that's what Jesus would do.

The photo below is courtesy of the She's So Ghetto blog and takes the debate to a whole other level. Yeah! They are getting married at a White Castle - wow!


Anyway, I do pray for my friends and hope to be a positive influence in their lives and help deliver them to higher standards in fast food providers. Please join me in praying for them.

I can't imagine that there is any one reading my blog that would seek to defend WC, but that's what I thought about cowboy boots too?

22 comments:

Bob Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirstynn Evans said...

I just threw up in my mouth... GROSS!

Unknown said...

i've never eaten at a white castle before, but word on the street is that In-N-Out is better.

Kevin said...

Bob - you were about to defend WC when you realized you'd loose cool points and deleted it, huh?

Kirstynn - so you're a fan?

Denise - word on the street is In-N-Out is edible.

rymsmall - sorry man, I had to.

Bob Smith said...

No - I was trying to fix a sp error. I was trying to get a Skyline thread going. Skyline the worst meal I ever had.

Carrie said...

Kevin - I also hate WC. DisGUSting. Worse than Blimpy Burger! Worse than Long John Silvers. Gross.

Kevin said...

Bob - I haven't had Skyline, but I've heard stories of Dummitt's unhealthy love for it.

Carrie - I'll add it to my list of 'WT Places I Don't Eat.'

Anonymous said...

In-N-Out Burger on the west coast? Edible? Are you kidding me? That places makes the BEST FAST FOOD IN THE WORLD! Yeah, i said it, in the WORLD! They cut the potatoes and fry them right in front of you! All their veggies are fresh, their meat is real, and their burgers are heavenly.

WC and In N Out Burger should never be mentioned in the same sentence. That's like comparing the trailer park to Cheyenne Mountain!

Anonymous said...

White Castle is awesome.

That is all.

Carrie said...

Oh and by the way, I recently visited a WC to allow some coworkers to pick up their "fix," and all I can say is the clientele at that place...uh...yeah...you know what I'm talking about!

Kevin said...

Ashley - we appreciate your enthusiasm and that was the point - Denise said she heard it's better and I said, never having it, it's at least edible.

Will - you're a sicko:)

Kevin said...

Carrie - was your friend also high?

Heather Nicole said...

I wish I could debate but we dont have White Castle OR In and Out on the east coast...and after reading this...I'm kinda glad!

Anonymous said...

well yes. i know that's the point. My enthusiasm came from the fact that from what i hear, anything is better than white castle... so saying In N Out is better or edible doesn't do it proper justice. It's way out of WC's league.

Kevin said...

Ashley - I understand, it was a ridiculous classification.

Heather - be glad about WC, but 'apparently' In-N-Out is the bomb - just ask Ashley.

Unknown said...

In-N-Out is the bomb! it is quite delightful! but i've never had WC so i'm biased.

Carrie said...

Kevin - I'm quite confident that my friends were not high at the time we stepped into WC. I think I had just dragged them to Ypsi to take a test drive with me after working all morning. So, if they were high, it had been 5+ hours since the last drug use.

sharkiepatronus said...

What is kind of interesting is that I have only had frozen white castle since we don't have them in California. I don't mind them though, I have eaten worse. But I would assume that fresh off the grill they would be greasier...

In N Out is amazing though...

Unknown said...

White Castle is awesome! The chicken rings there are great too! Every time I'm on my way to STL I stop and get some. It's that good.

Kevin said...

Justin - what part of the chicken has ring shaped meat? Exactly my point.

Unknown said...

It's like a pot calling a kettle black. It doesn't have to be something other than round to be good. It just is.

Kevin said...

Justin - no - chicken does come in the form of rings. It's just unnatural and gross.

Subscribe