1/20/2009

I'm excited...

Posted by Kevin |

Share/Save/Bookmark

...for people like Sylvester Williams today. Regardless of your political view, today is a great moment in our countries history. Sylvester Williams used to pick cotton and lived through all the segregation and hatred in the South during the first half the 20th Century. I'm glad he lived long enough to see the moment when an African American is sworn in as the President of the United States. Today is a proud moment for all of us in the U.S.

I heard there are 25,000 law enforcement agents on hand...
I pray nothing ignorant or racist happens today...
I'm praying for our next President...
I'm thankful that God's hand is on history...

6 comments:

m&p said...

that video brought tears to my eyes!

I too am so excited about today's events, and I too am praying that hatred, ignorance or racism is not seen in our country today or in the coming months.

Pearl and I thought hard about trying to get out to DC today, but the details just could not all come together.

The Running Golfer said...

Kevin, I have been rivetted to the tv the whole afternoon! What a day. I`m proud to be a human being today.

Kevin said...

Matt - that would have been so cool to have been there. Looking forward to connecting with you soon.

Francois - it is a good day!

allie. said...

What a gift of orator your new president has!
He stirs the hearts of his listeners - its hard to believe!
If anyone can bring hope to the Americans at this time, its him

Anonymous said...

Allie - I have been hearing your comments of the new president ever since the 2004 Democratic Convention. I agree he speaks well and has a graceful way of communicating. But each time I hear these comments i think of this verse...

2 Timothy 4:3 (The Message)

3-5You're going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food—catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. They'll turn their backs on truth and chase mirages. But you—keep your eye on what you're doing; accept the hard times along with the good; keep the Message alive; do a thorough job as God's servant.

Many years of listening to great speakers has tempered me to wait for the action behind the words.
I pray for our President and the United States.

I have enjoyed your perspective.

Bob

Kevin said...

Allie - you're right - he can throw down when it comes to speaking. And he has definitely captured the hearts and inspired millions of American's to believe.

Bob - you are also right and as I listened to his awesome inauguration speech yesterday, I was hoping that he can delivered. We need to rejuvenate this country and make the tough decisions - here's hoping.

Subscribe